Welcome to MoronYard
To start off your adventure through the MoronYard universe we'd like to give you a nice big warm moronic welcome to our community! This page is designed specifically to help, you, the new Moron in the community!
We currently run several different servers on Garry's Mod. All of the MoronYard servers are interlinked, this means that any money you earn, items you purchase or awards you achieve will always be accessible regardless of where you're playing. The servers we are currently running are:
- Smash - Smash is by far the most communal sever within the MoronYard community. Dodge the falling boxes and stay on top of the platforms to win. Beward of mines placed by enemy players which can cause you to bounce away in random directons, will slow, stun, blind you or reverse your controls. The gamemodes gives you plenty of time to talk to other players, trade items and try out crafting recipes while still playing the game and earning money!
- Slope - Slope is pretty fast paced for the duration of the time you are alive. The concept is very simple - be the first to reach the top - but beware of traps and falling props! Slope features 2 gamemode types: Rounds and Time Trial.
- Rounds: All runners start at the same time; if you die during your run up the slope, you will be required to wait until the next round. AFK players will be slain at the start of the round to avoid other players having to wait for them to return to the game.
- Time Trial: Runners can start a new lap whenever they want during a fixed time limit (usually 15 minutes). The runner(s) with the best completion times are rewarded with cash and item prizes.
- Build to the Top - The concept of BTTT is to build to the top of the map and be the first team to reach the last platform. Make sure to work as a team - repairing props is vital! The first team to finish will be rewarded with cash and item prizes.
- Puzzles - Puzzles is a very varied gamemode, there are lots of different types of puzzles - some which can be done alone, others which require a group, some which take pure skill and others which are just having that lucky break. Don't sweat! Every puzzle map comes with it's own lobby where you are able to chill with other players before choosing a puzzle to take on!
- Murder - A gamemode of deception and murder based off Murder in the Dark and a bit similar to Clue. One person is a murderer with a knife, who is trying to secretly kill off the other players. The other players must use their wits to find out who it is and kill them first. Unfortunately they only have the one gun between them. The gamemode allows you to gather clues to receive a gun or alternatively turn into an accomplice. RDM is punished!
- Lobby - A place to chill and hang out to trade with other members of the community, as well as trade, craft and complete quests and a storyline. The lobby is also the gateway to all of our Sanctuary servers. You can meet up here to form a party and join games together.* Sanctuary - A 2D side-scrolling survival gamemode which requires you to work with your team (up to 8 players) to hold back the incoming hordes of the undead. The gamemodes features loot, progressive waves, 3 tiers of weapons, runes and runewords, elemental damage and several difficulty levels as well as bosses and superbosses.
- Climb - A classic climb gamemodes featuring a dozen maps. Get to the finish as quickly as possible. Sounds too easy? Give some negative modifiers a try which will increase the difficulty and net you a lot more cash!
What makes MoronYard unique?
A lot of our gamemodes (Smash, Slope, Sanctuary, BTTT, Climb) are unique to MoronYard! Combined with our huge item database, the gamemodes provide dozens of hours of entertainment. Furthermore, MoronYard offers heaps of unique features across all of its servers:
- An extensive collection of different items (over 800 unique items) with over 1 million total items gathered by players (as of May 2015).
- Many of the items can be bought in the shop using our in-game currency earned by winning rounds in any of our gamemodes.
- Currently there are more than 20 different item types ranging from cosmetic items to gamemode-specific weapons.
- 15 different item qualities including rare, legendary, painted, vintage, mythical, community, relic, ancient and epic versions of items.
- Rare items come with fancy particle effects.
- Most items can be painted.
- Some weapons and cosmetic items come with different styles.
- Legendary items are usually only obtainable during our various events.
- 120 crafting recipes which allow you to upgrade, transform and manipulate crafting materials and other items to create powerful new items.
- Item attributes which reward players with bonuses for wearing items.
- Items with open sockets can be upgraded further through the use of gems and jewels.
- Some of the more powerful items can be identified by their distinct names.
- An extensive loot system with random item drops for each player.
- Most gamemodes will also reward you with item prizes for winning a round or even feature a sophisticated progressive loot system.
- An award system with 86 achievements.
- Unlocking an achievement will also grant passivea attribute bonuses and special items!
- In-game item trading as well as a fully-featured marketplace for auctions and trades.
- A complex buff & debuff system: Use booster packs to temporarily find better items or to keep your lockpicks from failing.
- A token system rewarding active players with a secondary currency.
- Tokens can be exchanged for all sorts of items in the token shop.
- Scrolls which enable some of the more powerful crafting recipes.
- Over 480 unique chatbox images, many of which are available as chat tags to be displayed next to your names.
- Express yourself further with 600 different emotes (chat sounds), all of which can be modified with voice changers.
- A premium shop containing special items for our donators
- These items can be obtained in exchange for goldbars.
- 5 different VIP memberships to reward our generous donators for supporting the server.
- Admin / Staff positions are NOT for sale!
The first time...
The first time can be scary for a lot of things, let's try not to make your introduction to MoronYard one of those things! Upon entering the server for the you will be given a Bundle of Starting Items. This can now be found in your inventory which can be opened by typing /items or /inventory in to the MoronYard chat. Once you've located this magical item, you will be able to open it (by selecting it and using the actions menu > "Use Bundle") to allow yourself quick and easy access to a number of great tools.
- 1 Key - Keys can be used for opening chests and crates containing a variety of items - some of these are incredibly rare and valuable!
- 1 Hat or Body Attachments - A wearable cosmetic item.
- 2 Locked Crates - These random crates can be unlockable with keys or lockpicks, they will contain a variety of items.
- 1 Lockpick - A lockpick is similar to a key, however it only has a 50% chance to successfully open a crate. If it fails the crate will be destroyed in the process.
- 1 Smash Mine - Mines are a weapon used on the Smash server. They can be placed on the ground and used as traps to lure unsuspecting players to their death, making it easier for you to win and some money in the process!
- 1 Jewel - Gems and Jewels can be attached to items (with open sockets) to give them special attributes.
- 1 Crafting Catalyst - The catalyst is required for a number of crafting recipes. It will not disappear during crafting, so you will only ever need one.
- 1 Sanctuary Melee Weapon - A melee weapon for use in Sanctuary.
The MoronYard forums can be found by typing /forums within any of the MoronYard servers or by navigating to www.moronyard.com. From here you will be require to create an account to fully interact with them, this is a simple process which can also be used to link your steam account to your forum profile! The forums are a wonderful place for you to chat to other players, ask questions and generally find out interesting information.
Useful Forum Threads
- The MoronYard Rule List - Stay on the good side of the rules, please? <3
- The MoronYard Price Guide - Don't lose your money to the few dishonest people in the world, keep on top of this information and you should move on well.
- Tutorial: How to make hats for the server! v2.0 - We are always looking for members of the community to submit their creations.
- Tutorial: How to create basic effects and auras! - We are always looking for members of the community to submit their creations.
The MoronYard explorer is a very valuable tool accessible to the MoronYard community. Not only is it the main link between you and your bank, but it is full of useful information such as an item database, Server Statistics, The Marketplace, MoronYard Staff List and The Server Banlist.
Upon entering the explorer for the first time you will be required to complete a small registration to verify your steamID and link your accounts. Instructions on how to do this will be provided to you to make the process as easy as possible. If you do encounter any problems you are more than welcome to post on the Help & Support form where someone can assist you.