14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7980 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: Moderator Applications  (Read 3404 times)

nonSENSE Online

• September 2011
  • 1365 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:11953676 STEAM_0:0:11953676
« February 23, 2012, 10:51:38 PM » #933
We are indeed looking to fill 3 or more moderator spots on our servers and forums.
Now, before you post your application, please read this topic very carefully. If we suspect that you apply for a position for the wrong reasons, you will not get the job.

And that brings me exactly to the main point of this topic.

The moderator spots are jobs. We do not hand them out to people so they can feel special. We need you to contribute to the community and do some work. If you don't have a problem with helping us out with the following things, then you just might be right for the job.

We expect you to...
  • ...be active on the game servers, helping us start up the servers by inviting people, posting Steam Community announcements; basically keeping the server alive (especially when the admins are busy). We need you to take the initiative and not wait for the admins to get everything rolling.
  • ...be active on the forums or wiki. We do not expect you to be here every day, but you should at least check in every few days and try to contribute to a few posts or start up a new thread (the Forum Games section is perfect for that).
  • ...spread the word about our community. MoronYard is still young, growing and in desperate need of support from its members. A community can only be fun when a lot of people come together and enjoy their stay; so let's get some attention and expand!
  • ...do routine moderator jobs such as removing spam on forums / wiki & punishing / kicking / banning players on the game server.

If you have come this far and think you are still up for the job and willing (yes this is important) to contribute then you can keep reading.

Things you should know about moderators
  • They don't get free VIP.
  • They don't get free items.
  • They don't get more cash.

Last but not least:

Your application
I am not going to give you a template for your application. This also means that I don't want you to send me an application that looks like a car insurance form.
Tell us about yourself, who you are and what you do and why you are right for the job. Impress us, scare us or make us laugh; but please don't bore us. (If you must bore us, please be boring in an unusual fashion).
Furthermore, please do not nag us about your application in Steam chat. We will read all applications and reply to them, don't worry.

Alright, this pretty much covers it. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message (NOT STEAM CHAT) or open a thread on the forums.

Applications go here!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:10:43 PM by nonSENSE »