14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: Some of my most favourite gamemodes.  (Read 5211 times)

Jequito

• October 2011
  • 124 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:20030563 STEAM_0:0:20030563
« February 26, 2012, 06:37:21 AM » #1023
This is gonna be a very long thread so just warning everyone. So a very long time ago when i played gmod ...still there were these 2 game modes i played. They where not very popular and i never understood why. They were the most fun i had ever had in a VERY long time. They were called War Melons and Sunrise outer edge.

War Melons:

War Melons is a FPS RTS type game where the point of it is you build melons and thy are different classes and such. You have bases and HQ's and you gain resources and using materials you can build massive custom ships but all that uses resources depending on its size. There are material outposts on the maps (i cant remember how they worked) and you have these harvesters and if you had enough money you could stick a balloon on them and they could auto collect the materials. There is also wire mod with it if you want it. Once you have build your ship you can add turrets, shields, drop pods, bombers, deploys and a lot of other things. Pretty much its a RTS game with infinite possibilities with it because its in gmod. I used to play on a server with the game mode and it used to be very popular but then it sorta died out and now there is only 1 or 2 servers with that game mode left but pretty much no one plays it anymore and im not sure why. This game mode is very fun on the space build maps since you can have flying spaceships. Also there were some really cool end game items that were very over powered like a nuke and a interstellar laser that could shoot across the map and did a lot of damage but took a long time to reload. Here are some videos i found so you can see what the game mode was like, they are very old but its the general idea.

This is a example of a small but advanced ship with wire. You can do a lot better but this is the best i found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXah1BLc40

Sunrise Outer Edge:

Sunrise is a game mode that was inspired of the mmorpg EVE. It is a space combat open world game where the space ships are scaled down to such a size that you would not believe it unless you saw. Your smaller that the tiniest med kit and the map is the maximum size you can make a map in source SDK. Most of the map is empty but there are asteroid field here and there and planets, suns,space stations and such. You can mine asteroids and the sun (i know sounds cool) and you can sell the rocks the deeper space you go the more dangerous it is. You might find pirates and a black hole and if you die you loose your cargo and you will have to repair your ship. If you cant repair your ship because you don't have enough money then they will give you a crappy ship. When you dock at a space station you can walk around in there and trade with people, buy guns,parts,ships,material and it was really cool. The server i played on was just about to make it so you can walk in almost every station and they were separate as well as making your own faction and quests but once again they just disappeared and now there is only 1 server left with the game mode and im positive that is empty. You can even buy nukes and across the map you can see the explosion its so bright and colourful :3.
The creator of this game mode is working on a few more game modes but im the most excited is for divinity 2 its a newer version of Divinity which was a newer version of sunrise. i will put a link to the latest video divinity 2 and i will put a link to his channel where you can find his other projects like population 2 i think) also in the divinity video you will find a facepunch thread that he updated regularly so you know the game modes not dead.

Divinity 2 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEPALSpKFY
His Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Multrakiller/videos
Face Punch Thread: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1013221/15

PS: I am not advertising or trying to redirect you to any other communities i am just trying to educate people in what i believe in.

EDIT: Wow this is over 750 words i cant believe i wrote that much in my spare time :/

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:38:19 AM by Jequito »
Since i do not play GMod anymore I have donated my items to Master Mark's museum. Please feel free to check it out here.

I will try to visit this server every now and then but thanks for all the fun you guys have brought me :)

-Jequito

Fro Dough

• September 2011
  • 191 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:26468481 STEAM_0:0:26468481
« February 26, 2012, 10:42:54 AM » #1026
Moron Yard usually makes its own gamemodes, such as smash, slope, dodgeall, becuase you will see them in very few other places. I doubt these will be put up, despite the fact that the space one sounds amazing. But hell ya never know.
I didnt break it the lava did! Honest!
I also made the 3000th post. Anyone who says otherwise will be....puynished.

Jequito

• October 2011
  • 124 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:20030563 STEAM_0:0:20030563
« February 26, 2012, 11:25:15 AM » #1027
Uhh. When i was looking in the facepunch thread i looked at the credits and i saw stebbzor and i checked if its the same one thats in moronyard and its is....
Since i do not play GMod anymore I have donated my items to Master Mark's museum. Please feel free to check it out here.

I will try to visit this server every now and then but thanks for all the fun you guys have brought me :)

-Jequito

nonSENSE

• September 2011
  • 1365 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:11953676 STEAM_0:0:11953676
« February 26, 2012, 11:37:48 AM » #1029
Uhh. When i was looking in the facepunch thread i looked at the credits and i saw stebbzor and i checked if its the same one thats in moronyard and its is....

Uh, what? Stebbzor co-owns the servers / community. We wrote most of the gamemodes together. I don't really see your point.

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:22970989 STEAM_0:0:22970989
« February 26, 2012, 11:42:05 AM » #1030

Uh, what? Stebbzor co-owns the servers / community. We wrote most of the gamemodes together. I don't really see your point.
He meant the credits for the space gamemode he mentioned in his post.

Check http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1013221/15

nonSENSE

• September 2011
  • 1365 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:11953676 STEAM_0:0:11953676
« February 26, 2012, 11:46:01 AM » #1031
Oh yeah, Stebbzor knows TheMaw and helped out during dev IIRC, but he did not code the gamemode.