14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: Voiceban Appeal/admin review request  (Read 2731 times)

iSirAmGreen

• This user has no personal avatar.
  • July 2013
  • 7 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:40806079 STEAM_0:1:40806079
« July 03, 2013, 09:34:00 AM » #8719
Name: iSirAmGreen
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40806079
Reason: I was Voice-banned for apparently voice spamming. I might have mistakenly set something down on my laptop keyboard, because I use a USB keyboard as my main keyboard. I did apologize to the server for spamming because it was an accident.
Other(optional): I was playing on the #2 server (Slope), and I heard people yelling at me for spamming. I was then voice banned by The Boink. I requested multiple times to be unvoice banned, and every time I was told no because I was (apparently to The Boink) playing music. After asking multiple times for help, I eventually just decided to go to the /help page myself.

The Boink was being very disrespectful to a future donator, JIMMY (I don't how his actual name was spelled). He was yelling curse words at him about something, telling him to 'SHUT THE F*** UP', etc.

The Boink voice banned me without hesitation, nor request to cease any spamming. Very strict admin.

Because of this, I too am a potential donator myself. This is why I am requesting a full review of The Boink and his banning leniency, because I feel I was not given a chance to share my side.

Thanks.

Godlikem

• February 2013
  • 13 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:33186065 STEAM_0:1:33186065
« July 03, 2013, 09:49:05 AM » #8720
-Support
Boink asked you nicely at first to stop by said alright that is enough dude,
you continued to keep bringing up something he didnt want talked about about himself
he gave 2 more warning's you were voice banned then you kept spamming chat with i got this whole thing recorded this recorded that and yet you continued to keep bringing up a topic a moderator didn't want you saying and you kept harrashing Boink now you are putting a report abuse?

boinkmatic33

• December 2012
  • 84 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:19196184 STEAM_0:1:19196184
« July 03, 2013, 09:55:27 AM » #8721
well lying, will get you a week or longer for voice ban. nonSENSE will see the logs, and know i told you how to

appeal the voice ban. i also informed you it would only be for 24 hours after the appeal was posted. as for using

"i'm going to donate" to get a lesser or lighter sentence isn't tolerated and in my opinion should add time and

possibly a chat ban along with the original ban.

iSirAmGreen

• July 2013
  • 7 Posts
« July 03, 2013, 11:22:15 AM » #8722
-Support
Boink asked you nicely at first to stop by said alright that is enough dude,
you continued to keep bringing up something he didnt want talked about about himself
he gave 2 more warning's you were voice banned then you kept spamming chat with i got this whole thing recorded this recorded that and yet you continued to keep bringing up a topic a moderator didn't want you saying and you kept harrashing Boink now you are putting a report abuse?

I think you have me confused with the other person I had mentioned in my original post.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:30:51 AM by iSirAmGreen »

iSirAmGreen

• July 2013
  • 7 Posts
« July 03, 2013, 11:29:54 AM » #8723
well lying, will get you a week or longer for voice ban. nonSENSE will see the logs, and know i told you how to

appeal the voice ban. i also informed you it would only be for 24 hours after the appeal was posted. as for using

"i'm going to donate" to get a lesser or lighter sentence isn't tolerated and in my opinion should add time and

possibly a chat ban along with the original ban.

How was I lying?
I wasn't looking at the chat as you were talking to me through voice chat originally.

I was honestly looking to donate, because I played on there once and I had a lot of fun. Not looking to get a lesser 'sentence'.
You are a little to quick on your feet for banning people. I'm not saying let people walk over you, but give them a chance.

I'm assuming that this is your first time moderating a server (no disrespect), just be a little bit easier on people, because you didn't give me a chance to explain myself at all.

nonSENSE

• September 2011
  • 1365 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:11953676 STEAM_0:0:11953676
« July 03, 2013, 11:46:20 AM » #8724
Please do not bring up the fact that you may or may not donate in the future. While I appreciate the gesture, I am not going to treat you any differently. In fact, throwing your money around in a matter like this is considered bribing and will not be tolerated.

If you argue with a staff member to the point that he feels the need to punish you, you're doing something wrong on our servers. I checked the logs and saw that you were constantly bugging staff members to lift your voice ban in chat. Next time, post this appeal thread on the forums and wait for a staff member to reply. You can even request a higher-up to look into the situation.

As for "Jimmy": Reading private messages complaining about staff members, devout of any punctuation whatsoever, is not my favorite way to start my day.

Furthermore:

Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: i will put a cat so deep in your anal that it will die then rape your ass
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: noink you like men now =D
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: boink will die from ads
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: bnoik puts babys in his ass hole
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: you brink baby pee
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: boink can i be unmuted
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: thats gay
Jimmyᶠᶸᶜᵏᵧₒᵤ™: what shit keeps you muted no server on gmod does that

You bring nothing to the community. Don't bother sending me any more private messages; you were better off when I hadn't looked through the logs...

I'll let Boink deal with this.

iSirAmGreen

• July 2013
  • 7 Posts
« July 03, 2013, 12:03:11 PM » #8725
While trying to find the forums, all I over heard was Jimmy being yelled at by Boink by something. I did not know the nature of the situation at hand between Jimmy and Boink, I just heard what I heard.

I was asking politely and being ignored by Boink. I had not bothered to look at the chat because he was talking to me through voice chat.

Also, I never sent you a single private message.

Money is not an issue for me, and should not be looked at as a lessening of punishment, nor would I expect that from any server.

I do stand by my previous statement; that Boink jumped the gun a little too quick. As it was an honest mistake on my part. I wouldn't waste my time explaining that it was if I didn't enjoy the server.

boinkmatic33

• December 2012
  • 84 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:19196184 STEAM_0:1:19196184
« July 07, 2013, 09:39:13 AM » #8750
you will be voice an chat banned for the month of july and august 1st ill remove it.

The Boink has spoken.
x1