14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: I do not understand...?  (Read 2056 times)

masterkev

• This user has no personal avatar.
  • January 2013
  • 35 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:28851405 STEAM_0:1:28851405
« November 13, 2013, 07:48:57 PM » #10444
So, I will keep this straight to the point (for the beginning), What is the real rule with item usage?
I want this post really to just be for Nonsense since he's the one confusing me after what happened back then.
I, when researching fully all the effects and outcomes of every magic stat, wanted to build a magic set for the community to use at a price. To have a sort of an "uncrating" income, and to assist players along their way in the Moron Yard server.

Now, that being said (and already done), I started to uncrate player's crates for a small fee every crate (or free if it was 4+ Keys and Crates). A recently-resigned moderator has done this as well - with 1-2 others I can't remember for the life of me. At day 3 or 4 of doing this, Nonsense himself (you, if you're reading this Nonsense) comes into the server, notices me doing this - and literally yells at me and goes angry against me for somewhat "breaking the rules".
Now, the reason he gave was very simple to understand. If given a player you know - that has a high stat in a certain field, it removes all thoughts or motives to want to build a set of the same nature (In turn, ruining the economy slowly). But I do have a reason why that effects nothing to the economy, but somewhat benefits from it, but i'll explain that later.
I want to point out - http://moronyard.com/forums/index.php?topic=1609.msg9733#msg9733
This was a post created by "Panda" Asking exactly what happens with "crafting for other players". The reply was given by an admin (to my knowledge), saying "Though I don't fully support this, it is allowed." Giving the 2 reasons that allow for broad options to be chosen.
But one of the options it does not list in it's broad list of 2 answers, is that you don't charge the players what-so-ever.

I discussed this with Bing, Nightmare, Panda (slightly), and I think even unknownX (Not sure on that one) - but I wonder then what is the right rule?
That post Panda made is 2 months old, and yet no reply or revamp was made by Nonsense who clearly (and 'nicely') pointed out it was against the rules.
So I'd love a reply from Nonsense himself, laying down the exact rule as to why this was against the rules when it comes to me, but not against the rules to the tens of players I witness, every so often, that did the same thing I used to do.

---

Now, before you reply saying that it was the charging portion that made it against the rules Nonsense (If you were, in which case - if you're not, still read on ahead), hear me out on why it is not.
Going over with multiple players, I've actually concluded that charging players for set usage should be a rule of sorts. With a payment over their heads to uncrate just a single crate (or a set of crates) makes them spend more of their cash to do something they could have easily done with the right set (example being, You spend 1 mil on a key, and found a crate 11 - but you have to spend 100k per uncrate - losing a mil every 10 uncrates due to you not having a set of your own). If pricing on uncrating was against the rules, I for one say that it is anything-but against the rules. It still influences players to go for their own uncrating set, cash still flows, no prices are skewered in the process, and given the lucky shot with the right price... Both players are satisfied in the end.

So, Nonsense - clarify this for me?
That's all I ask.

- Masterkev

nonSENSE

• September 2011
  • 1365 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:11953676 STEAM_0:0:11953676
« November 13, 2013, 08:14:17 PM » #10445
There are several reasons as to why the rule is in place;

1) As you have correctly pointed out, having somebody else unbox or craft items for you defeats the purpose of building a set of "unboxing gear" of your own. I feel that this is a central part of our gameservers; striving to find perfect items, getting better stats and maybe even trading old items away when you upgrade.

2) Crafting services allow players who have been "craft-banned" to circumvent their punishment.

3) There will always be scammers who will unbox something for you, get a good item, and keep it for themselves.

These are the main reasons why the rule has been put in place; it's not necessarily about "charging" for the service.
To keep the gamemodes fun, fair and free of scammers, this rule will remain.

masterkev

• This user has no personal avatar.
  • January 2013
  • 35 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:28851405 STEAM_0:1:28851405
« January 03, 2014, 06:36:45 AM » #10794
Yet - As i am reading this now, I witness 2 people trading high item-a-day sets to other players so they can reconnect to gain higher items for that day, and also speaking and planning to unbox for each other with high magic sets. **
Not to mention before my 1-2 month break of this server, players unboxed at least 75+ Things in front of me (In the terms of giving the keys and crates to a high-magic user, then giving them back). Even Unknown fights back saying it is not against the rules (it's in the logs somewhere unknown, somewhere back some months ago - so don't say you didn't), and multiple mods before my break still say it's not against the rules (And some of them HAVE done magic-unboxing for others).

If it's reports you need, i'll be glad to do so due to the fact that my #1 real reason for getting a magic set was to do said action (to unbox for others). Seeing how you just disagreed with what mods and other admins have just said, now makes me a targetted hipocrite - since I've been talked down to by you for doing said action,but no mod or admin or a (countable, but high) countless number of players doing the same thing do not get punished or yelled at.

Nonsense, since it is a rule and you refine it so, look around the logs for all these players that do this - or if you need reports, strict your mods and admins to follow the rules instead of letting them do what I could not do. :l...

- Masterkev

** P.s. - If you don't believe that statement I placed, look in the logs around 12:50 AM (-5:00 EST) - Janurary 1st, 2014. It's right there, done on the same day that I come back to this server, in less than ONE hour of me playing - I witness an action such as this.