14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Poll

How long should it take to get a token?

10 minutes
4 (57.1%)
15 minutes
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: [Finished Feature] Hourglass Shop  (Read 12602 times)

UnknownX

• May 2012
  • 373 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:3221174 STEAM_0:1:3221174
« October 10, 2012, 04:49:05 AM » #4951
The Hourglass Shop

What is the Hourglass Shop?
It's a shop intended to reward those who are dedicated to the server and give people something to work towards while they wait for the item drop reset. The currency used in the shop isn't cash nor is it gold bars, instead the shop uses Hourglass Tokens. The shop contains tons of items, ranging from crates to gold bars. The prices on these items range from TBA tokens to over one hundred!

How do I get Hourglass Tokens?
A single Hourglass Token is rewarded to you for every 10 minutes you play on the server. These 10 minutes can be in parts, so that you can be on the server for 3 minutes and leave, but still be able to come back and only need 7 more minutes for your next token. There are a few restrictions though:
  • You are considered AFK after 10 minutes of inactivity and will not gain time towards your next token. This would be for Diamond VIPs, so that they can't idle on the server and gain tokens.
  • You can't hold more than 1200 tokens. Sorry, you have to spend them eventually.
  • There are limits to how many of a single item you can buy in a day.
  • Using scripts to farm tokens is bannable.

How many tokens will I need?
Here is a small list of prices:
EDIT: Some of these prices are not yet finalized.
  • Series 1-8 Crates: 2 Tokens
  • Series 9 & 10 Crates: 3 Tokens
  • Key Fragment: 15 Tokens
    Buyable 3 times per day
  • Lockpick: 27 Tokens
    Buyable 3 times per day
  • Key: 43 Tokens
    Buyable 2 times per day
  • 20 Extra Drops Potion (One time use): 60 Tokens
    Buyable once per day
  • Clock Tag: 360 Tokens
  • Inventory Expander: 570 Tokens
    Buyable once per day
  • Gold Bar: 720 Tokens
  • Magic Dust: 780 Tokens
  • Legendary Timely Aura: 1008 Tokens

I'm finished making (the draft of it at least) an exclusive aura just for the shop that isn't obtainable anywhere else.

How is this beneficial to the server?
It gives people a new way to earn things without depending on their luck to net them a hefty sum of money for that hat they've always been wanting. Items, such as keys, are now at a more affordable price. People who can't donate money can donate their time and be rewarded for helping keep the servers active. Nobody likes being passed up by a newcomer only because they bought 50 gold bars.

EDIT:
I support this idea and will it a top priority after everything is up and running for GM13. Here is a few things that we need to discuss:

Tokens should be given out for every 10 or 15 minutes instead of every hour.

If more tokens are given out, prices that are not final yet can be adjusted a lot better. All the other prices will just be scaled by a factor of 6 (or 4).

Minor VIP features for sale = yes. VIP status = no.

Items that will grant extra drops (not extra daily drops) will be available, but memberships will not be for sale. I am also on board with an item that unlocks a new chat tag.
Now this topic will be for finalizing the shop.

Results of poll for amount of time between tokens.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:32:05 AM by UnknownX »

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:22970989 STEAM_0:0:22970989
« October 10, 2012, 08:54:19 AM » #4952
I personally REALLY like this idea, and I'm finding it very hard to come up with something which is wrong, or I do not agree with. Unknown, I can see you really have thought about this idea, and for that I congratulate you. If Nonsense does choose to implement this on to the servers then I can see it working very well.

I assume if you play 35 minutes on Smash, then 10 minutes on Dodgeball and finally 15 minutes on Slope then it would count towards giving you another ticket?

I'm willing to make an exclusive aura just for the shop that isn't obtainable anywhere else.
I feel the aura would NEED to be exclusive for the shop, and I also believe it shouldn't be obtainable by any other method - including trading, chests, gold bars, etc.

Very nice idea, I'd like to be able to see how Nonsense views this idea, and if he thinks it could be added to the server! :)

EDIT: Please ignore the note which says I edited the above post, I tried to change the formatting of the list as I was finding it hard to read and any changes I made have been reverted back to how the post was.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:28:49 PM by Willdy »

Party Messiah

• May 2012
  • 293 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:19102625 STEAM_0:0:19102625
« October 10, 2012, 07:38:58 PM » #4953
Willdy, I wonder if you'd be scripting for this?
Contact me on steam and I'll talk to you about getting some pre-made scripts/code.
Party Messiah: What kind of Pokemon are you?
Knave: A lesbian.
Party Messiah: A lesbian is not a Pokemon.

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
« October 10, 2012, 07:59:17 PM » #4954
Willdy, I wonder if you'd be scripting for this?
Contact me on steam and I'll talk to you about getting some pre-made scripts/code.
I'm not a coder for MoronYard. Everything is coded by Nonsense and Stebbz0r. One of the key, and most important things about MoronYard is the content is original. If they were to start using pre-made scripts/code then it wouldn't be original.

As for steam, I can't get on it much at the moment.

Dr. Lime

• This user has no personal avatar.
  • September 2012
  • 89 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:18214772 STEAM_0:1:18214772
« October 10, 2012, 10:07:09 PM » #4955
In all of honesty and opinion, I really have interest and love to UnknownX's Hourglass Shop concept. Instead of trading/buying(shop)/waiting(for gifts) on free time, you can use the tokens. I highly agree based on benefits to the server, as it should bring in tens, if not thousands of more players.
no

UnknownX

• May 2012
  • 373 Posts
« October 10, 2012, 11:56:11 PM » #4957
I assume if you play 35 minutes on Smash, then 10 minutes on Dodgeball and finally 15 minutes on Slope then it would count towards giving you another ticket?
Yes.
I feel the aura would NEED to be exclusive for the shop, and I also believe it shouldn't be obtainable by any other method - including trading, chests, gold bars, etc.
Yep, although I would like for it to be tradable and have some slightly random stats, so that it at least wont be turned away for an aura with +3 speed. (Always have 2-3 sockets and 1-2 random positive attributes maybe?)
Very nice idea, I'd like to be able to see how Nonsense views this idea, and if he thinks it could be added to the server! :)
I would love for it to be added to the server even if it was really limited.

If this was added, it may need a few more restrictions depending on how people approach it. Such as, only being able to obtain 8 tokens per day or simply a slight price raise for some items such as the gold bar.
Note that I'm assuming that every item in it will be tradable, except for maybe the gold bar.

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
« October 11, 2012, 01:09:31 AM » #4959
I think the prices are perfectly reasonable, perhaps if you spend more than X hours constantly, then you can get bonus tickets?

Perhaps for the price of two tickets, you could choose a goody bag, which would give you a random item (It couldn't be the aura) from the ticket shop.

Unknown, I have sent you a pm with a little more information on this, let me know what you think then I will edit my post accordingly.

redead

• February 2012
  • 267 Posts
« October 11, 2012, 02:21:24 AM » #4960
I love the idea. It's really unique and a very good way to keep players on the server. Theres only one thing i have wrong with it. The legendary should be 200 tickets with no attributes, and the only reason i am saying this is because legendarys should have 1 type. Multiple different types can cause confusion at price and comptetition to see "who's item is better". Legendary items in them selves should be priceless to people. Again, i really, really love your idea.
Ya

UnknownX

• May 2012
  • 373 Posts
« October 11, 2012, 04:56:45 AM » #4961
I think the prices are perfectly reasonable, perhaps if you spend more than X hours constantly, then you can get bonus tickets?
Possibly, if you play at least one hour each day for a week you get 2 tokens every hour instead of one, starting on the next day. This streak would end if you went a single day without playing for at least two hours.
Theres only one thing i have wrong with it. The legendary should be 200 tickets with no attributes, and the only reason i am saying this is because legendarys should have 1 type. Multiple different types can cause confusion at price and comptetition to see "who's item is better". Legendary items in them selves should be priceless to people.
You're right, legendaries are better off without stats, but I disagree on the tokens needed. The price is 168 (I increased it to represent the number of hours in a week) because if you have played on this server for a week in total time then you deserve it. Also because 200 hours is about 12% of my entire time spent on Garry's Mod. That would be around 5 months of playing (and saving tokens) for the average player.

Pickles also wants me to suggest that some donator status be added to the things you can buy.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 05:51:44 AM by UnknownX »

Tim

• October 2012
  • 25 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:20606967 STEAM_0:1:20606967
« October 11, 2012, 05:51:22 AM » #4965
This would be sick, it needs some balancing, but it is sure as hell a great idea.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:02:04 AM by Onyx »

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
« October 11, 2012, 07:24:33 PM » #4973
Pickles also wants me to suggest that some donator status be added to the things you can buy.
Donator status says it all, it's for people who have donated.

UnknownX

• May 2012
  • 373 Posts
« October 11, 2012, 10:45:37 PM » #4974
Edit: I just realized I misread this, but you can still donate time.

He wants to be able to buy Silver/Gold/Diamond VIP with the tokens, I think it would be good if it was only Silver VIP for around 140 tokens, Diamond and Gold should stay donate only. He also wants me to suggest that people, who have played before, would be rewarded with an initial ~20 tokens.

Or maybe you can buy an image that goes by your name like the donator status. Like a clock or something. Donator status, in my opinion should still be gotten only by donations.
I like the clock idea, but how about making a new VIP rank? Slightly worse than Silver VIP, but a nice boost.

Timely VIP - 72 Tokens
  • 1 extra item-drop per day (6 total)
  • 10% more currency earned
  • 5% more votes during mapvote
  • Clock tag in chatbox and on scoreboard
  • Access to the VIP lounge in the lobby
  • Inventory sorting delay is only 30 seconds
  • Storage space in lobby bank (10 items)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:39:31 AM by UnknownX »

redead

• February 2012
  • 267 Posts
« October 12, 2012, 03:21:38 AM » #4976
No, he wants to be able to buy Silver/Gold/Diamond VIP with the tokens, I think it would be good if it was only Silver VIP for around 140 tokens, Diamond and Gold should stay donate only. He also wants me to suggest that people, who have played before, would be rewarded with an initial ~20 tokens.

Or maybe you can buy an image that goes by your name like the donator status. Like a clock or something. Donator status, in my opinion should still be gotten only by donations.
Ya

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
« October 12, 2012, 08:40:46 AM » #4978
No, he wants to be able to buy Silver/Gold/Diamond VIP with the tokens, I think it would be good if it was only Silver VIP for around 140 tokens, Diamond and Gold should stay donate only. He also wants me to suggest that people, who have played before, would be rewarded with an initial ~20 tokens.

Quote from: UnknownX
I like the clock idea, but how about making a new VIP rank? Slightly worse than Silver VIP, but a nice boost.

Timely VIP - 72 Tokens
  • 1 extra item-drop per day (6 total)
  • 10% more currency earned
  • 5% more votes during mapvote
  • Clock tag in chatbox and on scoreboard
  • Access to the VIP lounge in the lobby
  • Inventory sorting delay is only 30 seconds
  • Storage space in lobby bank (10 items)
I really like this ide and I support it, but make sure it's referred to as VIP, rather donator status! :P

To avoid confusing it might be better to come up with a completely new title, but for now "Timely VIP" is good enough. I don't know if the serever records hours which have been played by each person right now, if it does then it will make it a lot easier to give out points in advance. Saying that, I believe they should only give a maximum of 5 - if any.

sethcaron

• April 2012
  • 91 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:31422253 STEAM_0:0:31422253
« October 12, 2012, 10:51:41 AM » #4979
Wildy I love the idea of this. This should get added into the game and also if I haven't been on in a long time that's because I have to get another disk for my computer for more storage space. Then I shall download the 3 or 4 games. Also the server alive still ?
I c no problem with dis ?