14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: Glitch PSA  (Read 1423 times)

The_Bong_Reaper

• This user has no personal avatar.
  • December 2012
  • 7 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:15499396 STEAM_0:1:15499396
« January 11, 2013, 05:21:42 PM » #6654
    So lately I've had a really odd speed glitch on the MoronYard Servers, and here are the specifics:

• it seems as though gmod itself is running faster; as all animations are equally sped up
    • it looks like lag, but the speed and distance my character moves in one step is double that of an unglitched player; unlike real lag
    • it could have to do with opening SDK or Valve Hammer; a fellow moronyard player and mapmaker has had this glitch
    • it does give the user an advantage: Props barely make contact if they do but the advantage is mostly in the glitches' tendency to push my character a few feet forward. (finished a slope in 20 seconds: not gord!)
    • it affects play in both smash and slope

it has also been suggested it could be a graphics card issue, which makes sense since I did have to update drivers in order to run a game I just got.

I will continue to figure out what caused this; but in the meantime this is a PSA for all folks to keep a look-out for people who are "hacking." I'll probably also avoid the servers altogether to "keep the peace" about.

</report>

PS this es Psionik / Psionyx / Sai Onyx

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:26:13 PM by The_Bong_Reaper »