14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: The Summer Event  (Read 7858 times)

Sweet

• June 2012
  • 97 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:30453531 STEAM_0:0:30453531
« July 30, 2012, 03:47:42 AM » #4378
I once had a dream (Not really just sounding dramatic :D) to create an epic hat... One that would scoff at other hats... A hat that consisted of 3x Amazing Gems + a cool three socket hat + and magic dust. Course now that ive personally seen the creation of four absolutely ridiculous relics, that goal has turned to dust...

Previously considered AMAZING ITEMS are now common place easeh to get...
Especially since people can just go buy a bundle of (insanely overrewardable) summer chests and get another for free...

Don't get me wrong i think your smart for generating all this revenue and im glad the servers gettin money, I just think this event is screwing over the economy.

Magic dust is basically nothin now... (And the contents of my inventory that i worked to get without paying for any of it have turned to crap)

So i guess the point of all this is...
End the summer event early???
A Gift Has Spawned...

Foxka

• This user has no personal avatar.
  • July 2012
  • 12 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:20327192 STEAM_0:0:20327192
« July 30, 2012, 04:43:07 AM » #4379
No.

Sweet

• June 2012
  • 97 Posts
« July 30, 2012, 06:09:55 AM » #4385
Foxka you cannot reply if you don't have the experience to back your answer, besides a simple no is not sufficient.
"Because i want more stuff" will not support your answer. However if you really believe that this event should extend another 6 days then give me some reason or argument on why you think so.
A Gift Has Spawned...

SniperDuck

• September 2011
  • 378 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:32995937 STEAM_0:1:32995937
« July 30, 2012, 06:22:56 AM » #4386
I do belive you have a point sweet, however I would like to see this event continue. I have seen wayyyy to many extremly good items be found, plus the fact I more went from 3 rares to 6, with me trading one away... seems like it too easy to get good items. May I suggest nerfing the event? If we lower the chances to get the "good" stuff then we can keep our event and it wont be economy breaking.

redead

• February 2012
  • 267 Posts
« July 30, 2012, 06:33:34 AM » #4387
I once had a dream (Not really just sounding dramatic :D) to create an epic hat... One that would scoff at other hats... A hat that consisted of 3x Amazing Gems + a cool three socket hat + and magic dust. Course now that ive personally seen the creation of four absolutely ridiculous relics, that goal has turned to dust...

Previously considered AMAZING ITEMS are now common place easeh to get...
Especially since people can just go buy a bundle of (insanely overrewardable) summer chests and get another for free...

Don't get me wrong i think your smart for generating all this revenue and im glad the servers gettin money, I just think this event is screwing over the economy.

Magic dust is basically nothin now... (And the contents of my inventory that i worked to get without paying for any of it have turned to crap)

The event hasnt broke the economy yet. And magic dust is worth nothing because about 6 were found in a day and rares have been getting overpopulated for a while. Lets just see how things fall to plan. :p
Ya

SniperDuck

• September 2011
  • 378 Posts
« July 30, 2012, 06:45:49 AM » #4388
Redead, its that all the "good" items, like rares, relics, legendaries, and 'good' magic items are being unboxed at an unusually high rate. The rate for these just needs to be lowered some.

Now, about waiting it out and seeing what will happen... what will happen is that 1/4 of the stuff unboxed will go unused as players who only play durring events/ players who loose intrest stop playing... then we will loose another 1/4 of those to even more people who stop playing(thinkk if the halloween items) The last 1/2 of the items will be in circulation and still used. With that happening the prices of these items will increase once again after it dropped durring the event, so im ok with waiting to see what happens.

Sweet

• June 2012
  • 97 Posts
« July 30, 2012, 07:17:56 AM » #4390
One of the reasons im not ok is cause im gonna be gone all next week, going to stanford... Definitely wont have time to play
guess thats an awful reason lol.
A Gift Has Spawned...

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:22970989 STEAM_0:0:22970989
« July 31, 2012, 03:25:45 AM » #4401
One of the reasons im not ok is cause im gonna be gone all next week, going to stanford... Definitely wont have time to play
guess thats an awful reason lol.

That is just saying how you are jealous of everyone else, and it really doesn't back up your argument.

Redead, its that all the "good" items, like rares, relics, legendaries, and 'good' magic items are being unboxed at an unusually high rate. The rate for these just needs to be lowered some.

I also do agree with the point made in the first post on this thread. The drop rates of items in chests are WAY too common. Me and a few people were planning the ultimate item, and then overtime relics started appearing with nice stats. Heck, I even got myself one with 23 key drop and 27 speed. During this event however, items which are far too powerful have started popping up. There is a hat with about 8 or 9 attributes on it. These items have ruined anything which was good before the update. As well as this, those lottery gems are now nothing special.

There is far too many legendary items ingame now, compare the number of summer items to Halloween for example. The Halloween figures are really low due to the event being held in a better manor. On top of all this, there was a bug which meant people were getting free items which they shouldn't have, and now there is no way to stop this from happening. I don't care if you keep the event running as such as it has already caused enough damage. The drop rates for items which aren't "special" should have never have been changed. These new legendaries are limited addition but there is already too many of them.

I did plan to donate on the next gold bar event, but with how many items have already been pumped in to the economy, its not worth it.

Keys are now worth just over 1m,
Magic Dust is worth about 10m,
Rares are worth about 2m,

These summer items are practically worthless unless you are selling them to someone who is collecting them!

No. Ending the event early will not have much effect other than showing that MoronYard made a mistake, and needs to cover its wounds. If anything, the drop rates need to be lowered.. Just a little.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:28:41 AM by Willdy »

redead

• February 2012
  • 267 Posts
« July 31, 2012, 03:54:09 AM » #4402
^ The event should go on. But remove the legendarys form the drops. I mean 36 xray vision, 26 summer hats. I think they need a break. How about just take them out. Reduce the rare drop just alittle, and keep dropping summer chests.

There are 197 legendarys, and 138 of there currently are from the summer event.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:37:09 AM by redead »
Ya

sethcaron

• April 2012
  • 91 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:31422253 STEAM_0:0:31422253
« July 31, 2012, 04:53:28 AM » #4404
Yeah the drop rates are going at a fast rate with the unboxing's. I remember the halloween event and dem stuff were worth tons. Welp I got this from my first unbox from summer chest

•                            

I c no problem with dis ?

SniperDuck

• September 2011
  • 378 Posts
« July 31, 2012, 05:01:30 AM » #4405
I think the problem is the ease of getting items, back for the halloween or even the katana event it was hard to get the items.

nonSENSE

• September 2011
  • 1365 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:11953676 STEAM_0:0:11953676
« July 31, 2012, 07:16:30 AM » #4406
There is far too many legendary items ingame now, compare the number of summer items to Halloween for example. The Halloween figures are really low due to the event being held in a better manor.

If it bothers you that much that the items are "legendary", I will remove the quality and make them regular items but I think that is not your main problem. Furthermore, the Halloween event wasn't "held in a better manner"; the community was just so much smaller. Not even 10% of the active members we have now participated in the event.

On top of all this, there was a bug which meant people were getting free items which they shouldn't have, and now there is no way to stop this from happening.

Wrong. While the item showed up in people's inventory without a notification in chat, all of the items were received from gifts. The only thing that went wrong was that some people got 2 items (1 legendary + any other fragment) from the same gift drop.

I don't care if you keep the event running as such as it has already caused enough damage. The drop rates for items which aren't "special" should have never have been changed. These new legendaries are limited addition but there is already too many of them.

As I said above, I will remove the legendary quality so you can keep believing that your other legendary items are slightly more valuable.

I did plan to donate on the next gold bar event, but with how many items have already been pumped in to the economy, its not worth it.

I don't follow your logic behind this; your neighbour gets a Ferrari, so now you can't buy an Audi?

Keys are now worth just over 1m,
Magic Dust is worth about 10m,
Rares are worth about 2m,

While you may be right, this is something that would have happened regardless of drop rates or goldbars. In fact, gold bar purchases, higher key drop rates and giveaways even help to decrease the price of keys. What exactly would be your solution for this?

These summer items are practically worthless unless you are selling them to someone who is collecting them!

Why does every item need to be exclusive or really rare? They are event items and anybody who plays on the server for a while should be able to get them all. They will get more valuable over time unless I add them to crates as regular items (like the katana).

UnknownX

• May 2012
  • 373 Posts
    • STEAM_0:1:3221174 STEAM_0:1:3221174
« July 31, 2012, 07:49:39 AM » #4408
These legendaries drop just a bit too much from gifts. I feel like I got one from almost every gift today.

Willdy

• September 2011
  • 2276 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:22970989 STEAM_0:0:22970989
« July 31, 2012, 12:51:54 PM » #4413
Eeek, making posts at 4am really doesn't do me any favors in winning an argument. I'm not sure how well this was put across since it appears as if I just posted a tired, raged induced rant about anything.

My point was meant to be that, the items should be rarer and less common as they are, right now, its more of a "woo I got a legendary item!" rather than "OMG I GOT A LEGENDARY ITEM YAYAY WOOOO!!!". The second reaction is more when you get a tier 1 rare.

As for, "I was going to donate", I think I still might. Depends if I can find any leftover dollars in my paypal D:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:53:30 PM by Willdy »

レオ✪

• March 2012
  • 221 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:37841413 STEAM_0:0:37841413
« July 31, 2012, 06:17:36 PM » #4414
I agree this event kind've ruined the economy of trading in Moronyard, but over time things should straighten out.