WARNING: You CANNOT use the ingame Steam browser or the Help Menu / Wiki Browser.
Using The Marketplace
To use the Marketplace you must first set up a database account by following the steps on the Bank page. Once you have done that you will need to log in by using the Login button in the top right corner of the Marketplace. Once you have logged in you may choose to either offer on or create a trade or auction using items stored in your BANK. You may also view who has placed bids, but you cannot view who has made a trade offer unless you created the trade or made the offer.
Offering on a Trade or Auction
To offer on a trade or auction, you must first find something that you want that isn't greyed out or sold. Then you must click the pink or blue "Make an Offer >" button.
Don't worry if there are more items than you want in a trade, you may offer on individual items. The items on the left are items that the seller wants to trade. The items on the right are items that the seller wishes for. Your offer doesn't need to include what the seller has on their wishlist, it is merely what they would like and would be more likely to accept. If the item has SOLD on it and is greyed out then it is no longer available. Please note that the items you offer are locked until the trade has ended or the offer has been accepted or declined.
- First, you must select which items you want by clicking the first "Select Items" button. This will create a popup where you will be able to select 8 items that you want to offer on. Once you have selected the items that you want, you may click "Select Items" at the bottom of the popup to finish selecting.
- Next, you must select which items you want to offer with by clicking the second "Select Items" button. This will create a popup where you will be able to select 8 items from your bank. Once you have selected the items that you want to offer, you may click "Select Items" at the bottom of the popup to finish selecting.
- Finally, you must click the "Submit offer!" button to confirm your trade request. Make sure you have double checked everything for errors as there is no confirmation once you submit it.
- Now you must wait for the seller to confirm or decline your trade request.
- If they confirmed it you will receive a Marketplace message in the top left corner. You must confirm that you still want the item before the trade is completed.
- Once you have confirmed the trade, the items will be swapped and you may find your new items in your bank.
Auctions are a bit different than trades. They are only able to be offered on with Keys or Moneybags based on which one the seller chooses. Unlike a trade, the items will swapped immediately as soon as the auction ends. When you select an auction you will be offering on all items that the seller has put up. Please note that the currency that you offer will be locked in your bank until the auction ends or you are outbid.
- You will be presented with sliders once you select an auction to bid on. These are the items you may use as valid currency that are pulled from your bank.
- Once you have selected the amount that you want to offer and double checked everything, you may select "Submit offer..." to submit it. It will only work if your offer is more than the current highest bid. There are no confirmations so make sure you are offering for the right thing and with the right amount. Please note that you can outbid yourself!
- If the time remaining on the bid runs out and you still have the highest bid then the items will be swapped and you will be able to find your new items in your bank. If you are outbid then you will receive a market message in the top left corner.
Creating a Trade or Auction
To create a trade or auction you must first put the items you want to sell in your bank and then go here (you can also access this by clicking the green plus sign in the top left corner of the Marketplace) decide on what you want in exchange for the items. If you want a range of different items then create a trade. If you want people to offer increasing amounts of Moneybags or Keys then create an auction. Once you have decided then click on the appropriate "New... >" button at the bottom of the page.
Trades allow people to offer whatever they would like up to a maximum of 8 items. This should be used if you do not want a type of currency or want both types of currency. You may confirm or deny any offers that you receive.
- When you choose to create a new trade, you will be presented with a number of options.
- Choose a title for your trade and add any notes if necessary, you may leave the notes section blank if you do not have anything to add.
- Choose the "Select Items" button and a popup will appear where you can select up to 8 items to be sold. These items can all be offered on separately by other people if they do not want one of the items. Once you have finished, click the "Select Items" button at the bottom of the popup to finish selecting.
- (OPTIONAL) Create your wishlist by clicking the "Create Wishlist" button. This will cause a popup to appear where you must first select the empty box at the top of the popup in order to choose an item from the list. You can sort items by choosing one of the top three buttons. You can choose effects, paints, or qualities on items that have them by using the drop down boxes that appear at the top under the item icons. You can create up to 7 other items on your wishlist by selecting the giant plus sign that appears once an item has been selected. If you add too many items then you can click the small red X below the item to delete it. After you are done, you may click the "Select Items" button at the bottom of the popup to finish selecting.
- Choose a duration for the trade, note that the items will be locked in your bank until the time limit runs out.
- Click the "Review on the next page..." button to confirm that everything is correct.
- If you have double checked everything then click "Confirm & create trade" at the bottom of the page to finish creating the trade.
- Once someone has offered on any of your items you will receive a market message in the top left corner of the marketplace.
- Choose confirm or deny on the offering and the person will be notified. If you choose confirm then they will receive a message and be required to confirm the trade one last time before they are swapped.
- If they confirm the trade then you will be notified and you may see your new items in your bank.
Auctions allow people to bid on all items that you list with Keys or Moneybags. If you want both types of currencies then create a trade instead. The items will be traded at the end of the auction unless nobody offers on them.
- When you choose to create a new auction, you will be presented with a number of options.
- Choose a title for your auction and add any notes if necessary, you may leave the notes section blank if you do not have anything to add.
- Choose the "Select Items" button and a popup will appear where you can select up to 8 items to be sold. All items are sold together. Once you have finished, click the "Select Items" button at the bottom of the popup to finish selecting.
- Choose the amount of time before the auction ends. The items will go to the person who last offered the highest for them at the time that the auction ends.
- Choose the type of currency you want people to offer with.
- If you have purchased the Market Upgrade: Minimum Bid you may choose to set the starting bid for the items.
- Click the "Review on next page..." button to confirm that everything is correct.
- If you have double checked everything then click "Confirm & create auction" at the bottom of the page to finish creating the auction. Please note that the auction cannot be cancelled and the items will end up going to the person with the highest bid without any confirmation.
- You will be notified when someone places a bid on your items via market messages in the top left corner of the marketplace.
- When the auction ends you will be able to find the highest bid in your bank. If there were no bids made before the auction ended you will find the items that you put up for auction in your bank instead.
You may purchase special upgrades that allow you to use locked features in the Marketplace. These can be found in the Premium Shop for one or two Gold Bars each, or from a Bundle of Market Items for 5 Gold Bars. There are currently 3 different upgrades available.
This upgrade allows you to bump listings to the front page once every two hours by clicking the in the top right corner of your listing.
This upgrade allows you to set the minimum starting bid for any auctions you create.
This upgrade allows you to list an unlimited amount of trades or auctions (up from 4 trades / 4 auctions).