14712 Posts in 2613 Topics - by 7960 Members - Latest Member: Sumthanbuub

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Leaderboard Tweaking  (Read 2712 times)

Pridit

« February 09, 2012, 07:35:07 PM » #819
Since nonSENSE has recently told me that he would reset the leaderboard times for Slope every few weeks or before a tournament to give new people who are participating in said tournament an incentive aside from the tournament itself I would like to put a few suggestions forward.

Mainly because I've spent several rounds trying to get perfect runs in order to beat who currently has the #1 spot, this is an incentive in itself to not reset the leaderboard because if you're on the leaderboard and someone beats your time you'll be eager to beat theirs.

What I suggest is this:
- Three different leaderboards, one weekly/monthly and overall. If not, just two - weekly or monthly/overall.
- Extend the top 5 to 10 to give more players an opportunity to get a position on the leaderboard.
- Show weekly or monthly leaderboard by default but have an option to see overall.
- Small reward (locked chest? cash?) for the player in the #1 spot on the monthly leaderboard - more incentive.

This will be a huge incentive for new players whilst still retaining overall times thus keeping the incentive for existing players on the overall leaderboard. Players who get scores on the weekly/monthly leaderboard may also be incentivised to get a score on the overall leaderboard so they "make a mark" so to speak.

I'm interested in what you guys think. Do you think there should be multiple leaderboards, keep the current system or just reset the scores every few weeks?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:42:55 PM by Pridit »

Jequito

• October 2011
  • 124 Posts
    • STEAM_0:0:20030563 STEAM_0:0:20030563
« February 10, 2012, 11:28:52 PM » #831
Sounds like a great idea but how would you switch from leaderboards. Also perhaps you could view the highscores from the website?
Since i do not play GMod anymore I have donated my items to Master Mark's museum. Please feel free to check it out here.

I will try to visit this server every now and then but thanks for all the fun you guys have brought me :)

-Jequito

Pridit

« February 11, 2012, 01:16:39 AM » #832
Sounds like a great idea but how would you switch from leaderboards. Also perhaps you could view the highscores from the website?
There could be option, possibly in the inventory to switch from weekly/monthly/overall or a separate menu system. Viewing high scores from the website would require much more work but I can't imagine why it would be worth coding.

Instead of that, possibly a command like /leaderboard with a menu system displaying all the categories in sections such as weekly/monthly/overall and listing the top ten fastest.